 Marketplace / Shopping / 336
335  |  337
Subject:
Star Wars Only Sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 03:29:57 GMT

Well, it just goes to show ya,

I never expected to SW lego on sale so soon (KMart 15% off, Ames 20%
off). And that is a sale exclusive to SW lego! (For a much better
price I'd move some of that other stuff for them just for the pieces.)

The fact that the slow moving Lego is not going on sale while the SW
sets are lends some support to my theory that the agreement with Lucas
includes a provision to limit sales on non-SW Lego so as not to
canibalize. Also notice the non-existent S@H Specials since EP1 sets
came out.

Anyway I'm happy, I just got another Snowspeeder and my first each of
the Landspeeders, Naboo Fighters, Naboo Swamp, and Anakin's Pod Racer.

Understandably, there were no Gungan Subs or X-Wings, But the big
surprise for me: all the speeder bikes are gone. Well, Mike Stanley
proved the Scout Troopers are popular.

DJ Zorn