 Marketplace / Shopping / 3417
Re: KBKids order limits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:37:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:

It's probably the 5561s... I'd be happy to help you get these if you
have trouble getting the quantity you want.

Na, they have the right to limit quantities if they see fit and I won't ask • for
assistance in circumventing their policy. My grouse is more about how they
communicated it to me... that is, in not a very useful way, leaving me to • guess
at what it is that is quantity limited.

I do appreciate the offer, though.

You could just make multiple orders if it comes down to it (I've ordered
from them a few times, but never more than 4 at once I think, so the
rule may have been in place for a while, but I never triggered it).

I did put in another order to see what would happen. I agree with the sentiment
they express of making it harder for resellers to profit from their
mismanagement... but that's not me, or mostly not me, in this case.

I think I sold ONE of these on eBay, and it went for something like 50 bucks to
a person from Japan who was ecstatic to be able to get it (I listed it as being
very beat up to properly set expectations, as I was going to send one that I
had kicking around, but ended up actually shipping one fresh from the KB
shipping carton, as the damaged one by that point had been consumed by the
parts rendering maw)

But my beef with multiple orders is why should I have to pay 1.25 an item for
shipping instead of 25 cents (at order level 20), or even 5 cents if I ordered
100... Not a big beef, mind you. Mostly I hate having no way to check order
status and what the ship list is. Poor integration between their web, order
taking, and MRP systems.

As it turns out, what I am doing right now is PMing and Architecting the
creation of a demo system that shows integration among websites, marketplace
sites, shipping suppliers and SAP (for MRP and production management), all
using our toolset, which will be shown at the Mercator partner conference in DC
next week.

http://mercator.com/news/pr/exchange2000.html (featuring Dave Barry as a
speaker, apparently)

So I have a little familiarity with what's possible. We're getting the whole
thing done in 3 weeks. KB has had a broken site for how many months now? But of
course there's a lot of difference between a rigged demo with SAP on a laptop
and a real manufacturing or distribution system integration project.

As M.M. said, talking to KB on the phone is painful.

++Lar