 Marketplace / Shopping / 3124
  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) Does anyone know if Countryside ships? (within Canada, that is.) If so, I wouldn't mind getting their phone number - can't hurt to have another place to look for Lego, and most of the US routes are closed to us Canucks. (...) The Bay (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) They have sale prices on some of the train sets, which might make the price less than ordering from US S@H. Does anyone know if Countryside ships? (within Canada, that is.) If so, I (...) Yes, I do believe they ship within Canada. They can be (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) Cool, thanks! (...) Yeah, that's new this year, but I suspect it won't apply to sales or discounts - which means it's still not as good as Walmart (which doesn't advertise pricing, so isn't eligible for most price matching) or Zellers (which (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) The Bay will match any Zellers price, since they are owned by the same company (the oldest in NA to boot...). I think that if you go to WM and they have something on for a price, then go to the Bay, and ask them to call, they will match the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) "Hudson's Bay Company" I think... Am I right, Canadian trivia buffs? Originally a Crown Corporation?? (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) The name is right, but I don't think it was ever a crown corporation. FOunded in 16-something, before they had such things. Kevin (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) 'Twas indeed a crown corporation, if not in the sense you're thinking... it was officially sanctioned and granted exclusive rights within it's crown-delineated turf in 1670. The hbc.com site has quite a bit of historic info - not entirely (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

(...) Oh you'd love it. The "Hudson's Bay Company" (That started at "Hudson's Bay" Canada") traded smallpox infected blankets to the indians of the era. Oh yes, they also traded allot of beaver pelts and nearly wiped them out... Dean (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Spring Break Shopping in Canada

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Stone writes (...) to (...) Actually, they advertise that they will ship anywhere. I know they will ship to the US, and I think they've even sent stuff to Australia on at least one occasion. Andrew (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)