 Marketplace / Shopping / 3116
3115  |  3117
Subject:
Spring Break Shopping in Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 04:34:39 GMT

I went to Niagara Falls for my spring break last week and stopped by the
Countryside Toy Outlet in Waterloo.  It was a really neat place with large Lego
models, a play area and their Lego store.  The prices on the sets that are
available from shop at home weren't much lower, but they had some older sets
that were on sale.  They had a ton of 6497 Twisted Time Train and 6766 Rapid
River Village, but I don't remember the sale prices.  They also had a lot of
service packs on sale, including 5303 train buffers and couplers for $2.99
Canadian (roughly $2.40 US after tax.)
  Later in my trip I went to a mall in St. Catharines called the Pen Centre.  I
walked into a store called the Bay and found what I would consider a FOTW.
They had 6493 Flying Time Vessel, 6494 Mystic Mountain Time Lab, 6982 Explorian
Spaceship and 6280 Armada Flagship.  They had 4-6 of the 6494 and 6982, and 10+
of the 6280 and 6493.  Unfortunately all the sets were at retail prices and I'd
already spent most of my Lego budget in Waterloo.  But I splurged and bought,
of course, more than I should have.

Jeff Hudson