 Marketplace / Shopping / 3099
Re: ***EMMANUEL TELL YOU***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Rob Doucette writes:
R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FqusCF.MID@lugnet.com...
What's wrong with him posting on BST?

I sure don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as it's crossposted
to .market.shopping (which is what I suggested to Emmanuel).

The debate in the past (I think) is that market.b-s-t is generally
person-to-person commerce: one time deals.  DYA is a store front open to
all, and as such, belongs in market.shopping.

Except that Emmanuel is practically making it into person-to-person commerce
by putting a friendly face on DYA and handling items directly.

IMHO, the DYA sale posts are 60% a .shopping thing and 40% a .buy-sell-trade
thing.  Emmanuel does make it very very easy for buyers.  The fact that he
also has a store is sorta irrelevant from the .b-s-t point of view.

--Todd