 Marketplace / Shopping / 2890
Re: Odd 6038 Discovery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:25:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Johnston writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

Hmmm...

I got my 6038s today, and this makes me very happy--sets from my Dark
Ages!  Glorious things.  However, I noticed something, and I wonder if
anyone else did as well:  My catalogue sheets are in Japanese.  I've
only opened one (damaged box, easy to pick) but I wonder if anyone else
has discovered this.

That happened to me when I ordered an Armada Flagship from S@H last year. Came
with a shooting cannon too. 8)  The thread is somewhere back in the archives.

Oddly enough, I've grabbed a European Divers set (no piece count, catalog in
various Euro-languages) right off the shelves at KB Toys.

Anyway, it makes sense...of course there's going to be Japanese and European
overstock as well as American.  I don't know if there's an "S@H Nihon", but
they probably shuffle the sets around until they get sold.

(Alternately, the case may have been made up for Japan but never sent.)

You would have noticed that the Nebula Outpost also had japanese catalogs.  On
the other hand, the Duplo Train is obviously European as it even has a little
exchange rate pamphet in it as well as a big service catalog.  I actually
enjoy this part of the outlet shopping experience as sometimes you get to look
at things you would have missed out in your own country.

Matt