 Marketplace / Shopping / 2642
Re: Hello everyone & what I found at WalMart....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 20:58:23 GMT

Susan Olson wrote:

the boxes aren't great, but that way you don't feel guilty about taking
the set out and putting it together :)

*blink* Why would anyone feel guilty about taking the set out of the box
and putting it together?

Leaving toys in their boxes is for (in?)action-figure speculators.

WalMart also had their own custom sets with all of the following: a 4222 355
piece Lego Classic/Freestyle set (none of these at Shop at Home),

I've only recently seen these start to show up in stores...

a 1069 ResQ
Speed Boat (not otherwise sold in the USA), a 1099 Ninja Blaster (could not find
in the Shop At Home Catalogs I have),

I know this used to be a Kabaya set, but it's not generally very easily available
to the best of my knowledge.

a 6706 Wild West 3 soldier set (now gone
but used to sell for $6.75)

TRUs - at least in my area - frequently have them for $3-$4ish (I think - I never
paid much attention.)

Other sort of interesting things were 5958 Mummy's Tomb for $14.00 ($33.00 at
Shop At Home)

Some WMs have the larger Sphinx Secret Surprise for $9.  (No, I don't
understand it
either.)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m