 Marketplace / Shopping / 2632
2631  |  2633
Subject:
Hello everyone & what I found at WalMart....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 14:47:40 GMT

Hello to everyone - I'm a newly registered poster (just recently delurked) and
wanted to report what I on clearance found at Walmart.  WalMarts here in Houston
are generally open 24 hours so after a long evening of sending out ebaY end of
auction notices (no I'm not generally a Lego seller - I usually sell music
memorabilia), I cruised by to see what they had here. WM had 6434 Roadside
Repair sets for $24.00 - Lego Shop At Home in the US normally gets $54.00 for
them - the boxes aren't great, but that way you don't feel guilty about taking
the set out and putting it together :) - they also had the 6432 Speedway
Transport for $9.00 ($24 from Shop At Home) and the 6424 Rig Racers for $9.00
(Shop at Home marked theirs down to $12.00). I only bought a 6434 - the other
two sets don't fit into my collecting scheme (trains first, then town stuff).
Had a blast putting the Roadside Repair together - it has a lot of similarities
to the 6426 Super Cycle Center (got mine at WalMart last year for $12) the
Roadside Repair has IMHO better vehicles and the Cycle Center better buildings.

WalMart also had their own custom sets with all of the following: a 4222 355
piece Lego Classic/Freestyle set (none of these at Shop at Home), a 1069 ResQ
Speed Boat (not otherwise sold in the USA), a 1099 Ninja Blaster (could not find
in the Shop At Home Catalogs I have) , a 6706 Wild West 3 soldier set (now gone
but used to sell for $6.75) and a 4930 Rock Raiders Crew ($6.75 from Shop At
Home) - these were marked down from $30.00 to $14.00. I am keeping the 1069 and
the Freestyle set - will trade off the rest.

Other sort of interesting things were 5958 Mummy's Tomb for $14.00 ($33.00 at
Shop At Home) and the 6582 Daredevil Flight Squad for $23.00 ($33.00 at Shop At
Home). I think they are trying to dump most of the Ninja and Adventurer stuff as
well as a few of those ill-advised Cyber Slam Technics sets probably to make
room for Artic and Knights Kingdom stuff.  If I go back any requests for things
I should look for? - please post numbers and names since I can't take LUGNET
search with me :(