 Marketplace / Shopping / 2530
Re: WB Store...Indy Storm back in stock... (THEY SUCK!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:16:57 GMT

Don't hold your breath - I made 3 orders for 8445s on the 29th and 30th.  They
disappeared from the site about 2 hours ago, so I called up, and it looks like NOT
A SINGLE ORDER is going to be filled.  The # I called is the Catalog ordering
system, they said they don't know what is truly in stock on the website, so
calling them to order something the instant it shows on the website still won't
get you confirmation you will actually get anything.

I emailed their Customer Service about this.  I am REAL close to setting up a
Boycott WB page on my site and registering it with every search site I can.  These
guys are TOTALLY clueless about how to run a web ordering system, they need a
wakeup call.

Maybe I'll email Jesse Berst at Anchordesk with the details, so he can do a blurb
about how NOT to run an online ordering system.

"David C. Pyatt" wrote:

"We sold hundreds at $17.99 (whispered: ...but we never delivered them...) Now
back by popular demand the infamous LEGO(tm) Indy Storm... You drooled over
them at $44.00 from LEGO Direct... Wiped sweat from your brow when we offered
them for $17.99 amid the tales that this model may be pulled from the
shelves... cried tears of pain when you went to our website to see your order
backordered, then cancelled before your very eyes..."
"Now you can spin the wheel of fate again and try your luck at the new low
price of $15!  How will you respond if these actually arrive at your door?
The world waits to see how much pain you can endure... The many... the brave..
the LEGO(tm) Maniacs."

Disclaimer:  The above ad is a parody... any resemblence to a real situation
is too painful to endure. LEGO is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group.
Indy Storm is a probably a salesmark and may or may not be a registered
trademark of The LEGO Group.  Lego(tm) Maniac is surely definitely an
intellectual property of The LEGO Group, but don't ask me if it's a salesmark,
trademark or if his name is Mark.  INDY(tm) is a registered trademark of The
Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Dave
"Don't adjust your monitor... the small print IS getting smaller and
smaller..."

In lugnet.market.shopping, Doug Dropeskey writes:
For those wishing to try their luck, the WB Store has Indy Storm and
Countdown Corner back in stock.  I successfully ordered (emphasis on
ordered) some of both.

Will our hero get them?  Will the fiendish forces of evil cancel his
order...again?

-Doug

^v^^v^
I am:  WickedDamraska@Netscape.net.  Nix 'Wicked' to reply.