 Marketplace / Shopping / 2419
Re: Walmart/Target sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 01:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Phillips writes:
Just out of curiosity, which area of the country are people having the best
luck finding clearance sales at Wal-Mart and previously, Target.  A couple of
weeks ago I spent a Saturday traveling to all of the Target, Wal-Mart and TRU
stores from Hillsboro to Eugene (Oregon).  I found many of the sets that
people had been reporting on clearance, but they were full price.  Is there a
part of the country where AFOLs have had more success finding clearance priced
legos?

I've found that the Midwest/Great Lakes area is brimming with Lego deals. We
get the new sets very quickly (I was seeing the Destroyer Droids a week before
all those sightings got posted here earlier this month), and I just picked up
two Robotics Invention Systems at Target for $49 last weekend. Not to mention
the lakes, oh the lakes...

-Adam