 Marketplace / Shopping / 2416
Re: Walmart/Target sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Phillips writes:
Just out of curiosity, which area of the country are people having the best
luck finding clearance sales at Wal-Mart and previously, Target.  A couple of
weeks ago I spent a Saturday traveling to all of the Target, Wal-Mart and TRU
stores from Hillsboro to Eugene (Oregon).  I found many of the sets that
people had been reporting on clearance, but they were full price.  Is there a
part of the country where AFOLs have had more success finding clearance priced
legos?

Ah HA! It's not just me that's looking for clearance sets and not finding them
in the Portland-Metro area! There just aren't any cool sales on at Target,
TRU, WalMart, Fred Meyer or anything!  David, on occasion (I think at the end
of the month, but I'm not sure) Freddy's periodically marks some stuff as
clearance, or puts out special amount-off coupons for specific sets. Other
than that, sales in this area have been non-existent lately.

-Cheese