 Marketplace / Shopping / 240
Re: Great K-Mart Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:48:49 GMT

I have been buying even numbers of sets (2,4,6, etc.) with the same price on
them to get the maximum discount (%25 off) at K-Mart.  When you buy two sets at
a time, the closer the prices are, the better deal you'll get.  I also make
frequent trips to make sure the discount amount is correct.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Thomas Main wrote in message <36FCF188.AE3BDF9A@appstate.edu>...
he latest K-Mart flyer I got says that their stock of Lego is at buy
one, get one 50% off sale prices.  The second set will be at 50% off the
reg. price of the lowest priced item.  SOunds great to me :)

Incidentally, on this sale, plan to make several trips to the cash register
or a trip to the customer service desk after the cash register if you buy 4
or more sets and the prices are different. The computer will ring up the 50%
discount on the n/2 cheapest sets... (I did luck out by an extra $5 plus tax
savings by winding up at the customer service desk, I had purchased a a $3,
2 $4, $6, $12, $13, $48, and $50 sets, so the computer initially took of
$7.50. The customer service desk took off an additional $30 and didn't take
into account that there were 4 discounts already - hey, I see that as an
annoyance bonus - I have to say this K-Mart has pretty good service, the
other day, when I picked up a 2146 Freestyle set and it rang up at $29.99, I
told the cashier I had seen it marked for $25.99 on the shelf (some of the
boxes at least were marked $25.99), he just corrected the price without any
hassle - of course they had also just flashed the lights for the "you need
to check out now, the store is closing" warning)).

Frank Filz