 Marketplace / Shopping / 232
Re: Great K-Mart Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 04:18:09 GMT

Thomas Main wrote in message <36FCF188.AE3BDF9A@appstate.edu>...
he latest K-Mart flyer I got says that their stock of Lego is at buy
one, get one 50% off sale prices.  The second set will be at 50% off the
reg. price of the lowest priced item.  SOunds great to me :)

Incidentally, on this sale, plan to make several trips to the cash register
or a trip to the customer service desk after the cash register if you buy 4
or more sets and the prices are different. The computer will ring up the 50%
discount on the n/2 cheapest sets... (I did luck out by an extra $5 plus tax
savings by winding up at the customer service desk, I had purchased a a $3,
2 $4, $6, $12, $13, $48, and $50 sets, so the computer initially took of
$7.50. The customer service desk took off an additional $30 and didn't take
into account that there were 4 discounts already - hey, I see that as an
annoyance bonus - I have to say this K-Mart has pretty good service, the
other day, when I picked up a 2146 Freestyle set and it rang up at $29.99, I
told the cashier I had seen it marked for $25.99 on the shelf (some of the
boxes at least were marked $25.99), he just corrected the price without any
hassle - of course they had also just flashed the lights for the "you need
to check out now, the store is closing" warning)).

Hm, someone else mentioned a 30 day price protection...  I guess I should go
back and get my Star Wars savings...  Actually, I might be able to rack up
quite a bit of savings, I've done a lot of purchases at K-Mart in the past
month or so...

Do you have to go back to the store during the sale to get the savings, or
can you go back the day after with all your 30 day old receipts?

Frank Filz