 Marketplace / Shopping / 2169
    Target UPC phenomenon —Daniel Delcollo
   Noticed an interesting phenomenon at Target stores and was wondering if anyone here knew the reason. I too participated in the mad dash to target clearance for all sorts of great stuff. I was specifically after Mindstorms stuff. I was able to find a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target UPC phenomenon —Dave Jost
     No ripped UPC's although I did notice the UPC on one of my finds was mutilated with a black magic marker..??? why I don't know!! Regards Dave PS want a train set for that price as well "Dan Delcollo" <dpdelcollo@ucdavis.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Target UPC phenomenon —John Morgan
      (...) I think they do that to force the cashier to use the discounted price label on the box / maybe the items is discounted due to damage ?.. I got a large frame from target that was discounted for some slight damage and the UPC was marked thru... (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Target UPC phenomenon —Scott Edward Sanburn
     (...) Well, Meijer usually does the black marker across the UPC code when items are clearanced severely, and the item is not in the database anymore, or, if it is, I am thinking of damaged grocery items, such as cans, they do it so it doesn't scan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target UPC phenomenon —Mike Poindexter
   (...) They will be going on another round of price reductions Wednesday. If they get any cheaper, I will post it (after I clean out all of our stores!) Mike (24 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target UPC phenomenon —Gus Altobello, Jr.
   (...) Geez, I got the flu on New Year's Eve, and managed to put in a half-day at work the following Wednesday before I had to crawl home to bed. Had I known Target would be moving so fast this year, I'd have gone there instead. Being sick, I missed (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)