 Marketplace / Shopping / 2085
Re: What is clearance fodder and what isn't?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:53:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

This applies to Target only.

Well maybe everyone else knew this... but at all the detroit area
Targets, the shelf tags tell the tale.

Look at the date on the shelf tag.  If it has a 01/05, it's not clearance.

I had an interesting experience today, at the picked-clean NJ Target
stores:  I found someone who actually knew how clearances worked, and could
tell me how decisions were made.  It appears it's done regionally, because
here in NJ the Y/Tie and Rock Raiders HQ were not on clearance; same with
the Air Enforcer.  I got the latter two at 75% off in Detroit.

It seems that there are two sorts of clearance items:  The chainwide ones,
like the Sith Infiltrator and the Gungan Sub, and those stipulated by
individual stores or regions.  Odd.

best,

LFB

It's true, even down to stores within the same regions.  The Target by my house
had their SW sets marked down 60%, while all the others in the area marked down
40%

Dan