 Marketplace / Shopping / 207
206  |  208
Subject:
No Star Wars / Crazy Pricing for Unpopular Sets [was: Re: TimeCruisers anyone?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 05:43:40 GMT

Julie Krenz wrote:

Byron Han wrote:

Ahhhh once again the Paradise Tax.  Seems like everything is more
expensive here in Hawaii.

And still not Star Wars Lego!!!  (TRU here says "huh?  what star wars

Don't feel so bad, none here yet in N. Illinois either. I was at Target &
Kohls tonight.Julie

   New Jersey either.  Reports to the contrary, every major chain doesn't
   have them.  I'm going to go out cruising again tomorrow (I can see it now:

   Awful social malaise, grown people out in their sensible cars, cruising
for
   an ABS fix...)

   As for that $37 for the Timeship and $17 for the purple tub bonus set,
   it's fairly common.  A K-Mart around here still wants $18 for the UFO
   and mask promotion set and $18 for the Traitor Transport...

   On the "informing you" side, Noodle Kidoodle in Northville, MI (6 mile
   and Haggerty) has a *ton* of Neptune Discovery Labs for $50 each.  In
   case you missed that one, it's a good opportunity--I saw them while in
   town last week.  I thought about it for the large curved sidewalls in
trans-
   blue...

   LFB.