 Marketplace / Shopping / 1572
Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:50:00 GMT

I just snipped all the chatter...

I had placed two huge orders when I found out.  First off, I figured I
wouldn't get them.  Then again, I would not be mad if I didn't.  It is just a
great deal if I can.

I would feel like a total schmuck if I didn't throw in an order and found out
everyone in the world bought shuttles for $5 and I didn't.  At those prices,
they would sell out by morning, easily.  At that point, my order just makes
them sell out earlier.  If the person wants to honor it, great.  If not, that
is fine too.  We all make mistakes.  I didn't want mine to be passing on a
potentially golden opportunity.  I am glad I didn't pass on it, or else I
would have missed out on the extra 10%.

I do appreciate the 10% off I was given and took a great advantage of it by
ordering about $2,000 of stuff from them.  I figure that the discount can
cover the postage, which is almost the same as it was for 12 blue hoppers.  (I
ordered 20 with the intention of selling 8 to help pay for the remaining 12.
I got 12 and just kept them all for myself.  They are all already built and
have had track time.  :-))

As a side note, I do not know if I would have ordered without the extra 10%
and if I had, it would have been a smaller order, so it was a well spent
gesture on me.  And I buy a lot of Lego, so he will probably make much more
off of me in the future.

I think that there is a real study in human nature here.  These prices are
incredible, but some people just want it better.  If you have even seen people
on the California Big Spin, you would understand.  They have a bunch of people
who won the lottery and get to spin a wheel to find out if the get $50K,
$100K, $250K, $500K or $1 Million.  People who get $50K sometimes get mad on
stage.  Here they are on TV winning $50,000 and they are mad.  Amazing lack of
perspective.

I am a happy shopper and can't wait to get my fleet (17) of Space Shuttles,
along with a whole slew of western sets.

Mike Poindexter