 Marketplace / Shopping / 11736
  TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

I was just at a TRU in Houston, TX and they have a sale going on for Geoffrey's Birthday! All Lego was buy 2 and get the third for free. It even worked for the new 4679 bucket with the extra 500 pieces! I only wish that I had discovered that before (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Yeah, this would be great news for me if any of the stores had had any today. I had heard of this sale earlier, and I set aside today for a major supply run. Somehow, though, between Thursday night and this morning every 4679 within a hundred (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Same here in Phoenix. I went to two different TRUs the first one had non of the buckets and the pickings were extremely light sets. The second was not much better, but it had one of the buckets. A lot of Duplos. The second store (for any one (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

My wife picked up 2 (of the 2714 variety) in Appleton, WI today, but she didn't know about the free one! Arg. (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Erik, have your wife go back before the end of the week with the receipt and ask for the offer. I'm sure they'll let her have a free one (or another set of equal value if there aren't any more tubs). Maggie C. (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

Erik - don't bother with Fond Du Lac - it's cleared out of the tubs ; ) I did leave Appleton alone for you though. Richard. "Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:I4oos1.1FDw@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) I'm in Phoenix and checked the TRU at 59th ave. and Bell and they didn't have any of the new buckets. Had tons of duplo as well. I was going to check Scottsdale pavilions at lunch since I work in Scottsdale. Anyone checked Paradise Valley (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) I checked Scottsdale pavillions at lunch, didn't have any of the new creator tubs, and no duplo ones with the extra pieces either. Mark (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Paradise Valley had none as well. Seems like Phoenix got left out on 4675 as well. Maybe because of the mix up with the new duplo tub. Mark (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

Tom, If you purchased your dozen of these within the last 30 days, go back to TRU with your receipt and have them credit you for the sale. They offer a low price guarantee, even against their own ads, and it is retroactive. This keeps them from (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Does anyone know how the current 50% green-tag sale figures in? Has anyone gotten the 50%-off lego sets at buy2-get-1-free? The ad for the Birthday sale says "All LEGO", but I no longer have the previous 50%-off ad; there's a good chance it (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) I checked the MetroCenter TRU and it has none. Lots of sports sets 50% though. Mark (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) It appears that all sales promotions are cumulative. For example... the little adventurer's set with the alligator and the boat in it (7410 Jungle River) are clearanced to $4.98, green-tagged to $2.49. Buy 2 at 2.49 and get the third one free (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!

(...) Yes I did get one free when I bought three of the sets on a 50% off green tag sale. Actually the girl who rang me up asked me to pick up another set since I had just two!!! - Ram - (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.market.shopping)