 Marketplace / Shopping / 11738
Re: TRU Sale: Buy 2 Get 1 Free for Geoffrey's Birthday!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeremiah VanderMark wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Reed wrote:
   I was just at a TRU in Houston, TX and they have a sale going on for Geoffrey’s Birthday! All Lego was buy 2 and get the third for free. It even worked for the new 4679 bucket with the extra 500 pieces! I only wish that I had discovered that before I bought a dozen of those. I still had to buy a few more just the same. hahah I don’t know if this is available online or not. Oh, and this sale goes on through Oct 2! enjoy, Tom

Yeah, this would be great news for me if any of the stores had had any today. I had heard of this sale earlier, and I set aside today for a major supply run. Somehow, though, between Thursday night and this morning every 4679 within a hundred miles of Grand Rapids, MI (4 TRUs, total) absolutely vanished.

Alright, which one of you beat me to ‘em? :)

sigh... Ah well, I guess I’ll have to call around all this week. Was a measly six of these things so much to ask? :)

-jeremiah-
Same here in Phoenix. I went to two different TRUs the first one had non of the buckets and the pickings were extremely light sets. The second was not much better, but it had one of the buckets. A lot of Duplos. The second store (for any one who lives in Phoenix) is the blackhole of TRU. They own the land and all they have to do it pay the power bill. If TRU goes under this store will stay open.

The only nice thing was that the guy at the register was so busy that he gave me back my $5 coupon that I got in the mail. Oh baby I am going to hit another TRU tomorrow and see if there is anything left.

One thing that was very odd was that there was the same guy at each store. I think that I am being followed, or maybe he is just a Lego Manica. Any one from Phoenix Metro area been to the Pavillions or 8th st. locations today. Let me know we can cover more stores if we work together.

Larry