 Marketplace / Shopping / 1164
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:23:15 GMT

It's wrong. You're cheating the organization when you use different
shipping addresses to make it look like you're not in the same
household.

While I agree that cheating the company when you are actually a family is
wrong, I also think that the method of limiting something to one per address
is also wrong as well.

If you are married, even if you have seperate paychecks and seperate tastes,
you are still a "family".  It is assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you
share the responsibilities of the household.  If the company chooses to
limit you to 1 of something per "household" then that is their choice.
(agreement with their choice is a different matter).

My problem with limiting by address is situations in which a group of people
who are NOT a family live at the same address.  At one time there were 4
people living here at my house, only one of which was actually related to
me.  (I live with my brother)

What happens if I want to order something with such a coupon, and say my
friend who is living in the attic also wants to use the coupon to order
something?  We are in no way related.  They just happen to be living at the
same address because we had the room.

Well, I guess I am rambling now....