 Marketplace / Shopping / 1118
Re: I'm going to throw up...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 22:24:15 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <382509B1.29E3824D@vfaq.com>...
I get funny looks when I buy 10-30 at a time, but I just say, "NO, they are
for ME".

30 at once... hm, should I be getting more? I recently picked up 1 happy
meal plus 10 extra #3s. Didn't get any funny looks. Yesterday, a couple guys
came into a McDs after me and just bought LEGO sets, no happy meal. I didn't
ask them if they were AFOLs though (I didn't recognize them, and I've met
everyone who is active on RTL/Lugnet that I am aware of as living in the
Research Triangle NC area).

I don't think I've gotten a single funny look at McDonalds. I wonder how
much their calling the meals "Happy Meals" instead of "kids meals" is
because they expect adults to eat them also. After all, it's better to have
them encourage adults to eat Happy Meals instead of winding up with another
set of meal deals on the menu, and the adults who have no interest in the
toy will probably tell them to skip it.

Frank