 Marketplace / Shopping / 11042
Re: TRU USA BOGO 50 starts Sunday December 14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:33:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Wood wrote:
However, the ad shows several sets, one of which is clearly a Star Wars set (I
don't remember which one). There were a few Star Wars minis that I wanted to
buy, but they rang up without the discount. When I pointed out the discrepency
between the image and the fine print they gave me the discount. It's worth a
try. Dan.

FWIW, the new Star Wars minis 4492-4495 rang up with the discount at my
local TRU automatically, I didn't even have to ask.

John

I was at a TRU today and purchased a few things at good prices due to this BOGO.
A few notes from my visit...

o The register should say "promo" as the item is scanned if it will get the
discount. Everything I did today was properly discounted without any special
codes.

o When I asked about who took the hit for the BOGO, the store or corporate, I
was told it was a "vendor markdown".

o (apparently) the ad should have said "Does not include Clikets, 2004 World
City or 2004 Star Wars". I did not have any problems with a few (pre-2004) Star
Wars sets.

Ray