 Marketplace / Shopping / 10986
Re: Menorah set at Solomon pond mall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:53:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
I went to the Lego Store in Solomon pond mall this past weekend, & got a few
sets, & with my purchase of over $75, got a FRE pick a brick cup i got to fill.
anyways, at the counter, the employees had used some of the pieces from their
PAB linup to make Menorah kits they sold for $6.99 (b4 tax.) it didn't come with
instructions so i built what i remembered when i got home with my set; pics:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/Menorah/menorah1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/Menorah/menorah2.jpg

notes for clarity:  the candlesticks are 2x2x1 trans blue bricks (stack of 5
high) & they sit upon 2x2x1 (large) yellow flower blossom brick.

From what I understand, this is a creation a store employee made and started
selling as a PaB cup. The memo was circulated to our store (Woodfield), and
we'll wait to see if any employees take it upon themselves to assemble the parts
for one to sell.

In a somewhat related note, not long after we opened, a young girl came in
asking me how to build a LEGO heart, as a gift to her boyfriend for Sweetest
Day. I proceeded over to the PaB wall and talked about how she could create one
out of the red bricks. She was a tad high-strung and explained to me she didn't
know how to build it, but she really wanted a LEGO heart. So, I built a rather
blocky one out of the parts on hand and gave it to her. The reaction was
priceless, it made her whole week.

These kind of things can complement the PaB selection -- especially for the
average customer. But, I learned, that's the last time I make a LEGO heart for a
girl, only to have her give it to another guy ;-)

-Tim