 Marketplace / Shopping / 10938
Re: Pick-a-Brick sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:23:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Jeff Reuland wrote:
I stopped at the Woodfield P-A-B store for my weekly 'fix' and was pleasantly
suprised to hear that if you spend $50.00 you get a choice of a couple different
items or a small P-A-B cupfull! A large cup is free at either $75.00 or $100.00,
heard different people say both so I'm not sure which is correct.

I just visited the LEGO Store in Burlington MA yesterday and they were running
this same promotion.  You get a large PaB cup free with a $75 purchase, small
cup with any $50 purchase.  I don't know how long the promotion will be running,
though.  The store employees had actually pre-packed a number of small cups to
give to people who couldn't be bothered to do it for themselves.

Also heard a couple of the employees talking about people bringing in printouts
for stacking bricks in the cups..........I would have but we had limited time
and I was after smaller items.

I've got my 138 2x4 method committed to memory, sparing me the embarassment of
pulling my business card sized "cheat sheet" out of my wallet.  I heard a few
people commenting when they saw me filling a cup and I think they started to
copy me on the spot.

Good thing I went because one of the things that I wanted was clear 1x2's and
they were almost out, got less than a small cup full! I asked for more, they
gladly checked but to no avail. Since the P-A-B assortment varies I can only
hope that they return in the future.
I didn't notice anything new since my last visit.

One of the female employees recognized me from previous visits and made a
humorous comment to me about my P-A-B visits to which my wife inquired how many
times I had been there. I assured her only 3 and changed the subject to dinner
plans.

I had a similar experience.  My wife wandered into my LEGO room the other day
and noticed a few of the Pick-a-Brick cups sitting there.  She picked one up and
said "this is cool, where'd you get it?"  I replied, "isn't it?" and quickly
changed the subject, hoping she wouldn't see the large (and growing) stack
beneath my building table.  That came close to violating our "don't ask don't
tell" policy with regard to our indulgent purchases...  (Whew!)

- Chris.