 Marketplace / Shopping / 10937
Re: Boston Area LEGO Store(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:05:02 GMT

Chris Phillips wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:
Where are the new Boston area LEGO stores (I think there are two)?

I am not super familiar with the area but may be in Waltham next Tuesday for
a meeting.  Our office is at the intersection of 128 and Trapello Road so I
know my way between there and the airport but not much else (although I have
found the Construction Site too).

If you're going to be in Waltham, the closer of the two LEGO stores is at the
Burlington Mall, which is probably no more than 15 or 20 minutes North of
Trapelo Rd.  (Except during rush hour.)  From Waltham:

* Take I-95/Route 128 North to Exit 32B - Middlesex Turnpike.
* Turn right onto Middlesex Turnpike at the bottom of the exit ramp.
* Pass under the highway, Burlington Mall will be on your right.

I personally haven't been to that store yet, so I can't tell you precisely where
to go from there.  But according to
<http://www.simon.com/mall/tenant_details.aspx?ID=146&TID=40468 the Simon web
site> the LEGO store is located in section H on the following map:

<<http://www.simon.com/mall/images/floorplans/BurlingtonMall.gif>>

If you are a real fanatic and plan to hit both stores, the Solomon Pond Mall is
located in Marlboro.  From Waltham:

* Take 128 South to the Mass Pike (I-90) West
* Take the Pike to Route 495 North.
* Get off at Exit 25B (Route 290 West)
* Get off that at the first exit (also 25B)
* Turn right at the end of the ramp.
* Immediate right at the set of lights and the mall is straight ahead.

The LEGO store is located on the far side of the Hoyt's Cinema.  (Sorry, no
nifty map from <http://www.simon.com/mall/tenant_details.aspx?ID=339&TID=40925
Simon.com> yet, it's a brand new mall.)

If you plan to go from Burlington straight to Marlboro, the easiest way is to go
back down 128 South through Waltham to the Pike.  There is probably a more
direct route between the two, but not necessarily enough faster to be worth the
risk of getting lost along the way.

Another way from Burlington Mall is to get on Rt 3, take it North to
495, take 495 South to I-290. Another way that might be more direct is
to take Rt 2 out to 495 (I happen to know that from the junction of Rt 2
and 495 it's about the same distance on Rt 2 to 128 as it is on 495 to
Rt 3). Either of these routes should be shorter than going down to the
Mass Pike.

Frank
(who is wondering why he's going to St. Petersburg FL for Christmas
instead of Billerica MA for Christmas... I have told my mother we might
have to make a trip to Orlando though...)