 Marketplace / Shopping / 10858
Re: Wal-Mart has gone plum loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:41:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:
Congrats on the finds !  It should be noted that what you saw (at least the
prices) are VERY VERY store dependant. After the first round of clearance
pricing (30-ish percent off), each store decides WHEN, WHAT PERCENTAGE and IF
there will be more markdowns. So while people may find markdowns out there,
don't expect to find what was described above. This is a once a year (at best)
find. YMMV.

Yes, I have to second this.  My local store is extremely reluctant to move
beyond the first round of reductions which are around 20-30%.  After that, items
bounce around from aisle to aisle for 6 months or more before finally getting
marked down to their final levels (final in the sense that that's when I buy
them. :-)  By then, the boxes are very shelf worn.  Other Walmarts in the area
are much quicker to unload things.  Apparently they know the value of shelf
space or just have less of it...

Mark