 Marketplace / Shopping / 10206
Re: 4561 Railway Express $67 at Sam's Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 01:56:48 GMT

Thanks for the advise.  I was not asking anyone to purchase the set for me
this time around.  A number of my co-workers even searched for the set when
they found out I was interested in getting the set for Christmas. (I am not
a member of Sam's Club).

Troy, thank you for posting the information again.  I was under the
impression that this was a one day or limited sale at Sam's Club.

Mike, a very special THANKS to YOU.  I over-looked Target in my search for
the set. I just checked the WEB site and saw the set for sale at $99.  Any
advise on the LEGO Extreme Off-Roader (8466)? I missed the sale a Amazon.com
by one day when it was on sale  for $89.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Clifton D. Chambers" <cdchamberssr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Someone did post information on this sale at Sam's Club the day after
Thanksgiving.  I tried to find the set in the Washington, DC area with no
luck.  I also sent an e-mail to the person that posted the message to see • if
he was willing to purchase the set and ship it to me.  No such luck on
either account.  I was even willing to pay a reasonable fee for the • service.
CDC

[ ... snipped ... ]

By the time you bought one and paid to have it shipped and paid a reasonable
service, you would probably have spent almost as much as they cost at Target
($99).  If you have a Target in your area, check them out - they have been
$99 regular price pretty much all year.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com