 Marketplace / Shopping / 10195
Re: Kohls Alpha Team bundle (was S@H phone specials)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:28:55 GMT

Troy,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  Might have to visit Kohl's
after all....

In lugnet.market.shopping, Troy Cefaratti writes:
Paul,

While I agree that at the $35 MSRP of the bundle it is not a good deal, I'd
just like to point out that their ad shows them on sale now for $20.  Not a
spectacular deal, but alot more attractive than $35.

Troy

"Paul Ferguson" <locker99stopdatspam@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
Bob,

Thanks for noting it.  I'm afraid that the draw here for me (S@H) was
the 50% off price.  The Kohl's bundle is not a great deal in my opinion
(saw it a couple of weeks ago), since it appears to me that the bundle
is actually a higher total cost than the sum of the MSRP prices of the
sets it includes.  O.K., I suppose, if you have really wanted those sets
for a long time, and probably cheaper than eBay, but otherwise not
attractive.
Plus, Kohl's clearanced the larger sets in the bundle (but not 6771,
I think)last summer, and I picked up the larger ones at a
significant discount.

[SNIP]

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Hayes writes:
Paul,

The Kohl's near me had an "Alpha Team" bundle that had that set in it.

Bob

[SNIP]