 Marketplace / Shopping / 10193
Re: US S@H Specials, Dec 4 - Dec 10, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:49:34 GMT

Bob,

Thanks for noting it.  I'm afraid that the draw here for me (S@H) was
the 50% off price.  The Kohl's bundle is not a great deal in my opinion
(saw it a couple of weeks ago), since it appears to me that the bundle
is actually a higher total cost than the sum of the MSRP prices of the
sets it includes.  O.K., I suppose, if you have really wanted those sets
for a long time, and probably cheaper than eBay, but otherwise not attractive.
Plus, Kohl's clearanced the larger sets in the bundle (but not 6771, I think)
last summer, and I picked up the larger ones at a significant discount.

Actually, the real surprise (apparently to the S@H reps, as well as to me)
was that they had a new phone special list at all.  A few years ago, they
regularly suspended phone specials starting on Oct or Nov in order to
allow for Christmas shopping overload.  The fact that they are still doing
them in the first week of December must mean either (1) they've got a better
handle on orders and/or more people to handle them or (2) they're not
doing as much holiday business as they would like.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Bob Hayes writes:
Paul,

The Kohl's near me had an "Alpha Team" bundle that had that set in it.

Bob

In lugnet.market.shopping, Paul Ferguson writes:
Well rats.  At 9:15 EST they told me they wouldn't have a new
list this week -- due to holiday order volume (reaonable enough) --
and now the 6771's are all gone. And I missed them last summer when
Target cleared them out, too!  :(

[snip]