 Marketplace / Shopping / 10093
  Finding a bargain

At what point do you determine that a set is a good purchase? Is it best to go by price per piece or discount from MSRP? If price per piece, what is a good price per piece? If discount is it 20, 25 or???? Thanks for your inputs:) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finding a bargain

(...) It depends on the set and I don't think that even for a particular set, there's a hard and fast formula because it depends on what themes you like, how good the set is for parts, and how likely it is to be further discounted and your own (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finding a bargain

(...) I'll pretty much echo what Larry said-- whether a set is a bargain depends on what *you* are interested in. For instance a while back 7153 Jango Fett Slave I came on sale for half price, so I bought a couple. Boy did I feel ripped off, even (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finding a bargain

(...) I'll go along with Larry and Maggie too. (And I also happily buy Diagon Alleys at full price.) In the US, the cheapest price/piece easily available is 2 cents per brick for the new red bucket available at Walmart, KMart, Target and others. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Finding a bargain

(...) I'm going to echo Maggie, Larry, and Cary here. I know, it's hardly original, but I'm a follower not a leader. Sort of. I mean, if you aren't. Anyways, if it's an interesting set that I don't have, I'll buy at 1/3 off. If I have one already, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)