 Marketplace / Shopping / 10094
Re: Finding a bargain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin MacGinnis writes:
At what point do you determine that a set is a good purchase? Is it best to
go by price per piece or discount from MSRP? If price per piece, what is a
good price per piece? If discount is it 20, 25 or???? Thanks for your inputs:)

It depends on the set and I don't think that even for a particular set,
there's a hard and fast formula because it depends on what themes you like,
how good the set is for parts, and how likely it is to be further discounted
and your own proclivity for bargains and willingness to hunt for them.

For instance, even though Sith Infiltrator is older than MTT, I won't nibble
at Sith unless it's more than 50% off because

- I have a lot of them already
- it has some good parts but now that ISD is out, there IS a better gray
plates pack now.
- these seem to come up for sale a lot

but I'll gladly take MTTs even at 20% off because

- I don't have many at all
- it is a great source of brown things...
- these seem to be quite hard to find in large quantities

Your mileage may vary. You have to calculate this for yourself and decide.

Hope that helps.