 Marketplace / Shopping / *8949 (-10)
  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Any info on the "Mission Possible" format they talk about? I don't think I've seen that here in Australia. I'm not sure if TRU Aus is separately owned or not. ROSCO (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) Quite right. I just heard on TV about this: they said all about closing stores and firing staff, and in the end they added "TrU management in Portugal stated they intend to open two new stores in 2002, adding to the existing 6". (...) <Sigh!> (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The official TRU press release is here ... (URL) not indicate which stores tho. Ray (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bad news for TRU

(...) The first sentence says they are closing 64 stores, last sentence says they are opening 100 new stores!?? Yes, better clearances are a must, no matter what, where or when :) Julie (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bad news for TRU

Hi, everyone: TRU is apparently $91m in the red this year, and is planning to close 64 stores and eliminate almost 2,000 jobs. (URL) Ugh. Well, maybe if they'd hold better clearances...;) best LFB (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) I think they DO sell most of it to us because, unlike some of the other stores, they're not afraid to take big discounts. I've been told (in a Northern California store) that what little doesn't sell is ultimately returned to the manufacturer. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

(...) As someone who's come across things months after the end of clearance, I can be pretty certain that they don't go anywhere. In fact, I have almost never seen any LEGO survive the second day of 75% off, and I've been to a *lot* of Targets. So (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Where does unsold Target clearance stuff go?

I've been wondering where Target sends their 'misfit toys' -- the clearance items that don't sell. I assume most of it gets bought by us and/or by 'professional' eBay sellers, but maybe that's not the case... I thought Tuesday Morning might be a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GqMLpM.G87@lugnet.com... (...) say I (...) Target (...) line up (...) swing by (...) It certainly is possible that other people don't know about TM. I was pretty clueless myself the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Say it ain't so, Joe! Our TM only opened a few months ago, so you could say I was shoeless-- I mean clueless. Anyway I'm all shopped out from the Target clearance (during which I largely struck out), so it'd be a scandal to line up with a mob (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact