 Marketplace / Shopping / *8824 (-20)
  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Note that it may not be an AFOL. There are plenty of folks selling LEGO on eBay who are not fans. They have just discovered that it does well. These folk may not necessarily buy a lot for their own kids and may not normally be in the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Novato, Vacaville, or Livermore? If it is Vacaville, watch out for Maggie.... :-) Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) snip Well, I am in the SF Bay Area, don't want to get too specific because there are still some targets at 50% that have some lego that can make me a decent profit on ebay if I can get them at 75%. I visited 6 Targets last night, 3 were at 75% (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Hi Tom - Your list of finds resembled the Killeen, TX Target that I was visiting the other day. I wasn't able to get back there until late on Wednesday, and almost all clearance LEGO was gone. I wanted to get a 4561 for my son's birthday, but (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Second-hand LEGO shops [was Re: removing a really stuck neck from a head?]

G'Day From lugnet.loc.de.ber "G'Day Finally got to visit the store Fantasia, it is not bad, good selection of common parts, some Technic, lots and lots of old blue and grey rail. And it is walking distance from my grandmother's place! Alot of the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Jan 16 - Jan 22, 2002

(...) ... (...) ... I've been lusting over this Belville set ever since I first spotted it at the LEGO Potamac Mills outlet. It includes four mirrored windows, and although I'm told the mirrors are only stickers, in quantity they'd still make one (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

I found a similar thing in Wisconsin. I was at the West Allis Target Saturday Afternoon, and they had 13 of the Railway express for $64. All of the other Targets in the area had a few of them, but they were priced at $99. I went back on Wed nite, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I bought a 4579 for $7 at Wal*Mart (Upland, CA) at $7 for 107 pieces, many of which are lt blue or orange, it's not bad. You can throw out the garbage and still have a pretty good value, if you happen to like the colors in the set. -- Tim (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Hey Renard, I'm in Texas! Home of the wide open spaces! The trick to finding legos down here is that we have fairly large communities/towns that are pretty much located in no-where land! The population is mostly farmers, ranchers and such, and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) I've been finding the same thing here in the Pacific NW. Nothing stays on the shelves very long around here. I checked out 3 or 4 Targets and they only had a couple odds and ends at the 30% markdown left. I also did a couple TRU, Walmarts, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: best bet for UCS tie & xwing?

It was a while ago, but I saw the tie at TRU for $70 or so. George "Will Day" <wd@hpgx.net> wrote in message news:Gpzu61.7It@lugnet.com... (...) aggressively (...) fear. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Where the heck is this store. I have 6 Targets in my commute loop and none of them had anything like this left even at the 50% level, especially the railway expresses. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

In lugnet.market.shopping, Thomas Avery writes: snip! (...) I think I caught that reference TJ! hehhehheh But I can tell you that I didn't raid any stores within a 50 mile radius of Houston! Actually this time I went in another direction...But I'm (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

In Atlanta <-- See I told you where! I visited a few targets this morning and two of them moved to 75% off overnight. There were still LOM, Soccer, Artice value packs, various movie maker extras and Driod Escapes. HOWEVER, the Railway Express is now (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I hit my local Target last night and things were about the same. They had a few Artic value packs at %50 and 4 droid escapes still at %50. In fact, I checked it last Friday (after Wednesday's initial %50 clearance) just for my own curiosity. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) I found 'em at Wal-mart, $10. I bought one. Otherwise, I wouldn't bite above $6. best LFB (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) Perhaps... (...) I don't have room in my 600 square foot house for more track. That loop will have to do me for a while. --Bill. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3rd round of Target Markdowns begins

(...) Sadly my target was cleaned out before I got there this evening. The last discount (50%) was less than a week ago, so I didn't expect the next round to be so soon. Even my local walmart (the busiest one)had little to offer. I hope you guys (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Target Lies and Great Buys!

Hi All, Target employees told me just three days ago that the next markdown wouldn't happen until next week! They said the markdowns were 2 weeks apart! Today sure caught me of guard when I went by and found the 75% sign showing! I still managed to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

Welcome to the wonderful world of trains! $79 is a very fair price for the set, especially if you need the speed controller. We'll look forward to seeing you and your newly-themed MOCs on lugnet.trains! (BTW, you'll want some more track ASAP. That (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact