 Marketplace / Shopping / *6309 (-10)
  Re: FOTW; Greatest Lego Discout Ever ?

I haven't got the best, but since the conversation came up - I just pick up a Robotics Discovery set for $70 CDN (taxes incl). Not bad considering that it retails for $250 inc taxes... Dave Craig Livingston <Craig_R_Livingston@...tmail.com> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bogo at K-mart

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet. I was at the K-mart in Concord NC today and they were having another Buy one get one 50% off sale on all Lego. It ends 01-01-2001, and I don't know if any other K-mart stores are having the sale. Not much (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FAO Schwartz display in Forum Shops (Vegas)

Hi all, I just got back from a sweet week in Las Vegas. I had a great time with my family and Chris. Throughout the trip Chris and I were trying to spot lego, especially in shell stations... we came across a KB Toyworks on the way to Hoover Dam... (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.loc.us.nv.veg, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: FOTW; Greatest Lego Discout Ever ?

Gee and I thought I was lucky getting Mos Espa Podrace yesterday at my local K-mart for $9.99 -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. who thinks this guy just won the contest. "Kevin Zwicker" <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote in message news:G6E6AA.BBy@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Not looking good for eToys...

(...) you're quoting from is bluesky boilerplate that is in hundreds of 10Ks and 8Ks... means nothing. Of course a hostile takeover may be beneficial to security holders. Almost any takeover is beneficial to stockholders, especially when we're (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Not looking good for eToys...

(...) Here is an associated snipper from one of eToys legal filings: "IT MAY BE DIFFICULT FOR A THIRD PARTY TO ACQUIRE US EVEN IF DOING SO WOULD BE BENEFICIAL TO OUR SECURITYHOLDERS. Provisions of our amended and restated certificate of (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Not looking good for eToys...

(...) That's a hostile takeover defense and Delaware law is friendly to corporations so I doubt this would apply to a friendly (white knight) takeover... Consult your M&A guy if you're thinking of buying them, don't take MY advice... ++Lar (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  The Sanburn Systems Company - New Years Weekend Sale - 25% Off All Orders, 35-45% Off Selected Categories Also!

To All, First, we want to wish all of you a very safe and prosperous New Year. We are grateful for your continued business, and are looking forward to serving your LEGO needs for the new year. We here at The Sanburn Systems Company, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Not looking good for eToys...

(...) Actually I suspect that a conventional retailer or white knight could NOT buy eToys. Under Section 203 of the Delaware General Corporation Law they are forbidden to engage in a business combination with an interested stockholder for a period (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW; Greatest Lego Discout Ever ?

(...) <snip> (...) I dunno...does a 100% discount qualify for entry? (I got a free Lightsaber Duel for being the first TCS customer of Y2K...TCS rocks!) J (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact