 Marketplace / Shopping / 6303
Re: Not looking good for eToys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:39:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jeff Shiner writes:

Actually I suspect that a conventional retailer or white knight could NOT
buy eToys.
Under Section 203 of the Delaware General Corporation Law they are forbidden
to engage in a business combination with an interested stockholder for a
period of 3 years following the date that that person became an interested
stockholder.
Now I am not a legal expert by a long shot but this section does apply to
eToys as stated in their form 8-K filing and seems to make it difficult for
a white knight or retailer to purchase or merge with them.

That's a hostile takeover defense and Delaware law is friendly to
corporations so I doubt this would apply to a friendly (white knight)
takeover...

Consult your M&A guy if you're thinking of buying them, don't take MY advice...

++Lar