 Marketplace / Shipping / 60
Re: Mailing out of US....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 03:08:06 GMT

Yeah, what a crazy rule. I only put an extra address slip in there,
incase the mailing label
on the box gets messed up.

I don't include an invoice type note in foreign orders, since I check
"gift"
on the customs slip.(Even though I feel like the customs police are
gonna haul
me away every time I do that.) I figure my buyers can refer to our
emails to be sure
of what they got, I know they appreciate it.

Julie

Robert Brunskill wrote:

You also might be asked whether there's a letter in the package. If you can
avoid it, don't put a personal letter in what you're shipping as it will
increase the price. A invoice-type letter is no extra charge, but the moment
you ask them how they are you have to tack on a few more dollars.

Rob

----------
In article <376F986E.402D88C6@mc.net>, dkrenz <dkrenz@mc.net> wrote:

I had a package to mail to the UK, so I took it in to the post office
because I wasn't sure what category the box belonged.I mentioned to the
clerk I went to the usps web
site,http://www.usps.gov/business/calcs.htm, but I couldn't figure out
what was the correct rate. He told me packages under 4 pounds that
conform to the size restrictions below,  qualify for small packet.
Anything over 4 pounds would be parcel post. For small packets, a small
green customs form must be completed. For parcel post packages, a big
white customs form must be completed.

Small Packets - Airmail   4 - 7 Days  Max. length 24", max. length plus
girth 36"

Small Packets - Surface mail  4 - 6 Weeks  Max. length 24", max. length
plus girth 36"

Parcel Post - Airmail    4 - 7 Days   Max.length 60", max. length plus
girth 108"

Parcel Post - Surface mail    4 - 6 Weeks  Max.length 60", max. length
plus girth 108"

The days listed above were for my package going to the UK.

Julie