 Marketplace / Shipping / 58
57  |  59
Subject:
Mailing out of US....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:06:38 GMT

I had a package to mail to the UK, so I took it in to the post office
because I wasn't sure what category the box belonged.I mentioned to the
clerk I went to the usps web
site,http://www.usps.gov/business/calcs.htm, but I couldn't figure out
what was the correct rate. He told me packages under 4 pounds that
conform to the size restrictions below,  qualify for small packet.
Anything over 4 pounds would be parcel post. For small packets, a small
green customs form must be completed. For parcel post packages, a big
white customs form must be completed.

Small Packets - Airmail   4 - 7 Days  Max. length 24", max. length plus
girth 36"

Small Packets - Surface mail  4 - 6 Weeks  Max. length 24", max. length
plus girth 36"

Parcel Post - Airmail    4 - 7 Days   Max.length 60", max. length plus
girth 108"

Parcel Post - Surface mail    4 - 6 Weeks  Max.length 60", max. length
plus girth 108"

The days listed above were for my package going to the UK.

Julie