 Marketplace / Shipping / 295
Re: Estimated weight for 600 LEGO bricks for shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.market.shipping, Mark Rideout writes:
Hello-
I'm closing a deal on eBay and was trying to see if an estimate for
shipping was close. The shipper is in Maryland (Columbia), USA and I'm in
Washington. To figure the costs, I need an estimated shipping weight. The
auction lot was for ~600 LEGO bricks. How much (average) do you think that
would weigh? Throw in some extra of course for packaging.

Well, an unopened 950 pc box (1857) weighes just an ounce or so short of 3
pounds.

But it really depends on what bricks you're talking about.  600 2x6's will
weigh more than 600 1x1's.

I'd say up to three pounds would be a safe bet.  That 950 pc box has lots of
1xN bricks, but there are 950 of them versus 600.

thanks

Are you concerned about getting ripped off on shipping or something?  I
can't imagine bothering with making a post about it unless someone is
wanting to charge you $10 to ship it or something.  4 pounds (say 4 with a
good box and packing material) would only run $5.40 for Priority Shipping.

Actually that is it exactly - they wanted me to send $11.00 for shipping
even though the auction was "pay actual shipping costs". The guy said that
if it was over by much he would refund me the money. I really didn't know
how much 600 LEGO bricks would weigh (unless I gathered and weighed them
myself).

-mark