 Marketplace / Services / 82
Re: New Paypal-like service PayPlace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 22:10:41 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message news:Fu1yMs.6yG@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.services, John VanZwieten writes:
More free money is being given out, this time $10 by PayPlace, an obvious • nock-off of Paypal.

If you care to use me as a referal, I'd gladly split the measly $5 referall
bonus.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I feel compelled to mention that
I have read too many stories of people signing up for this then having strange
charges (each person's from the same company) appear on their credit card to
feel comfortable with signing up for it myself.

Who knows, maybe a lot of people were making this up or maybe Payplace has
gotten their act together, but I never pass up free money if I can help it,
but I haven't signed up for this yet and don't plan on doing it.

YMMV

Where did you hear these stories?  From what company were the charges?  Were they able to have the charges removed?  How long
ago was this?

I'm not disputing you, just looking for more info.

-John Van