 Marketplace / Services / 514
Re: Cashing Postal Money Orders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:07:50 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.market.services, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

I have a few green Postal Money Orders from USPS that are only negotiable in
the US.  Since I'm in Canada, my bank won't let me do anything with those
money orders.  What places can I cash them at in the US (I live close to the
border)?  I once tried a bank, but since I didn't have an account with them,
they said "nope, sorry."

Any Post Office.

You might also look around again in Canada. In the past, I have had most
Canadians tell me the green USPS Domestic Money Orders were fine, and
I'm assuming they didn't come down to the US to cash them. You may just
need to try a different bank.

Frank