 Marketplace / Services / 48
Re: Suspension of UK factoring services (was Re: Suspension of English factoring services
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:31:26 GMT

I'm sure matters have been made worse by the recent exchange rate
fluctuations. As a seller it is good news for me,

and bad news for Simon. If you want to make money on the exchange rate, • that's
great. Go play the currency markets. But don't make money at Simon's • expense,
please. That's not fair to Simon or to the rest of the community which is • now
blocked because you did a big bunch of selling that Simon took care of for • you
to the point where he's overextended credit wise.

Sorry if my miffedness is coming through rather abrasively but I kind of • don't
care if you get annoyed by it.

I'm not sure what you point is. I reckon you've handled small minority of my
sales, and none of my purchases. Each of the times I have used your service
it has been because the buyer has wanted to, not because I forced them into
it. I'm talking about people like Frank, who choose the your service for
their own reason's, not for mine. The timing of the transaction is out of my
control.  My preferred payment method is by money order - which gives me the
same rate.

I'm a little bemused at your accusation that I am making money out of Simon
in any way. In fact I think you are way out of line. Furthermore, I think
this kind of rubbish has no place on LUGNet.

Scott A