 Marketplace / Services / 473
    Re: "Lego" from China Sets????? —Dave Schuler
   (...) Well, that one I'll concede. I suppose it's possible that there are indeed "Legos" in the lot, but you're right that the description should reflect that. (...) I suppose Ebay has some kind of complaint department, but my at-home Internet (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

        Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here? —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) The case of the bootleg-clone seller may be instructive here. I don't know why he was suspended/de-registered, but given that we know TLC members read LUGNET off and on, is it at all possible that when we flag these questionable uses of (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here? —Frank Filz
   (...) Actually, if TLC wanted to be serious, they probably should force eBay to change the category name to something other than LEGO, or force eBay to police it for non-LEGO. The way the category is being used, one could make a good argument that (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here? —Mark Papenfuss
     (...) True, but on the flipside Ebay does use many copyrighted names as category names. And Lego knows that Lego sales on Ebay promotes their product, and that equals free advertising - no company would let that go. Also people who choose the Lego (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: Does TLC act when we point out infringements of their trademark here? —Kevin Wilson
   Frank Filz wrote in message <3CF2E41E.D7C01185@m...ng.com>... (...) They take it seriously enough that one Guild of Bricksmiths(tm) member had a message from eBay saying that using LEGO in his listing titles for custom sets was keyword spamming. He (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.market.services)