 Marketplace / Services / 418
  No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

I saw this on the site, would have been nice if they sent an email: Notice Date: October 11, 2001 Effective Date: November 6, 2001 To reduce the costs associated with credit card processing, the ability to receive credit card funded payments will (...) (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) Do you have a URL for this? I couldn't find it, and would like to be able to spread this information around. TWS Garrison (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) Premier (...) I just noticed this reply & request today from you, sorry. I don't have a link, I found the information after I logged into my account under policy updates. I received an email today from paypal about the change, I could forward (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) they (...) That's okay, I got the e-mail too. . .a week ago? Of course, PayPal still has no sign of this on their Website. . . Right now about all PayPal has going for itself is that it actually works. . .(but I'll save the Billpoint rant for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) I figured this was coming--it was nice to have the free ride. Now sellers who use PayPal have to pay for it, just like every other retail merchant. Sounds fair to me. I've never made my buyers pay it--another cost of doing business. best LFB (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) Unless they've changed something else you can still have one Personal and one Business account simultaneously. Some sellers were already using two accounts and requesting buyers point out their intent to use a CC funded payment so they could (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)

(...) Nothing has changed,like you mentioned you can still have one personal account & one business account. No more credit cards on the personal account. Which is ok, the majority of my buyers pay with PayPal funds or an echeck so I send them to my (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.services)