 Marketplace / Services / 418
417  |  419
Subject:
No more CC freebies at PayPal (eff 11/6)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:11:26 GMT

I saw this on the site, would have been nice if they sent an email:

Notice Date: October 11, 2001
Effective Date: November 6, 2001

To reduce the costs associated with credit card processing, the ability to
receive credit card funded payments will become a feature reserved for Premier
and Business accounts.
Personal Accounts that receive credit card funded payments after 11/06/2001 may
accept the payment by upgrading to a Premier or Business account, or they will
have to deny the payment. Personal accounts will continue to be able to receive
non-credit card funded payments for free. Once upgraded, Premier and Business
Accounts may receive unlimited credit card funded payments.

Julie