 Marketplace / Services / 405
    My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —Matthew Gerber
   I've wanted to share this story since I first started posting to LUGNET, but couldn't find the information to share until doing some digging around the house on other LEGO related business this evening. This story is a warning to my LUGNET friends (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —Julie Krenz
     <snip recap of unfortunate ebay transaction> Well,hopefully the Lego packing slip will educate other biddders as to where to find those "rare" and "hard to find" sets that pop up on eBay.(Not a moral either, but maybe a happy ending, kinda.) Julie (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —Ben Cox
     (...) I had a similar experience that actually worked out in my favor. Back when the classic train was out, I wanted to buy the classic train kit because I needed the extra track and speed regulator. I saw an auction for the kit on ebay and bid and (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —David Eaton
     (...) Actually, such an auction isn't necessarily deceitful of him-- mainly because people in other countries & overseas don't *have* S@H, and thus may not have access to the sets. However, I will admit that doing what he did DOES sound like he was (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —Will Middelaer
   (...) Matt, Wow! You have single-handedly, though perhaps unknowingly, indicted all of capitalism. For the trouble of extending Lego Shop @ Homes reach and advertising, for taking on the risk of selling at a loss, for bringing to market something (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.services)

        Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning —Matthew Gerber
   (...) COOL! Take THAT capitalism...that'll teach you to mess with ME! (...) Let's see...he misrepresented himself, what he was selling and how he was attaining it...in fact, he didn't actually OWN the item he was selling in the first place (doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.market.theory)