 Marketplace / Services / 408
Re: My worst E-Bay/LEGO Experience-A Story, A Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:47:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Matthew Gerber writes:
So a package arrives. Cool. The package is from LEGO Shop-at-Home. I thought
"What the hell?!?". It was Mickey's Fire Engine. I figured out what this
jerk had been up to. I wondered how many other people he had done it to.
'Cause, yep! You guessed it. The S@H invoice was billed to this guy, and
shipped to me. Now I knew.

The moral of this story. Well, there really isn't one. Except to not do
business with seller JOHN A. REICH from HEALDSBURG, CA ever again. And buyer
beware, even if you are REALLY excited and lacking sleep. So I guess there
are kinda' morals. I really just wanted to get this off my chest. OK? Thanks.

Actually, such an auction isn't necessarily deceitful of him-- mainly
because people in other countries & overseas don't *have* S@H, and thus may
not have access to the sets. However, I will admit that doing what he did
DOES sound like he was attempting to make a quick buck, since he didn't
advertise his source or anything. Plus, were he really trying to be helpful
in that regard, he'd send along an email saying "Whatever you need from S@H,
I can get for you too".

Anyway, it's not necessarily bad of him, but it does sound so from your
description...

DaveE