 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1798
Re: Space Box 3 status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:05:20 GMT

My Dear Fellow Jambalaya .Spacers,

SHIPPED 1. Jon Palmer (Tulsa, OK)
SHIPPED 2. Jeremy Sproat (Fort Worth, Texas)
SHIPPED 3. Chris Giddens (Rome, Georgia)
SHIPPED 4. John Henry Kruer (Northeast Florida)
SHIPPED 5. Jonathon Mizner (Florida)
SHIPPED 6. Nicole Drumm (Binghamton, New York)
SHIPPED 7.  Gil Shaw (Toronto, Ontario CA)
SHIPPED 8. Tony Alexander (Omaha, Nebraska)
9. Mark Sandlin (Seattle, WA)
10. Mark Neuman (Seattle, WA)

     Well, I've been ready to ship since Monday night, but couldn't get out
of work early enough to drop by the Post Office.  So, the box is out there
now, finally.  I sent it Priority (2-3 day) US Mail, with insurance and
delivery confirmation, to His Grand Admiralness (who seems to have gone out
into the Phantom Zone looking for Mr. Curator) in Washington.
     I Kept:

* 1 - Mystery MOC, for which I gave 10 pieces beforehand.  It's cool -
thanx, Gil!  Inside the Mystery MOC box was a blue Classic Space Hoverbike,
which is really an elegant and fun design that uses mostly common pieces to
make a sleek, SNOT-ty craft.  It now has a proud place on my computer desk,
where I see it every day.
* 1 - 16x16 white baseplate
* 1 - white 16x14 Space Shuttle wing plate
* 1 - funky 6x10 black truss/plate thingy with hinge end
* 2 - 10x10 red plates, without corner
* 2 - 8x8 multi-notched angle plate (1 white, 1 blue)
* 10 - lt.grey tubing (4-11x, 4-13x, 2-19x)
* 5 - short antennae (2 black, 1 white, 1 tan, 1 trans-yellow)
* 1 - black long antenna
* 1 - trans-yellow whip antenna
* 1 - 45 2x2 moss-green slope brick
* 1 - 45 2x2 dk.grey slope brick, red, gold, & white computer
* 1 - 33 2x3 black slope brick, Space Police
* 1 - 33 2x3 blue slope brick, Ice Planet
* 2 - 33 2x3 lt.grey slope brick, Classic Space
* 2 - 2x4 lt.grey technic bricks
* 1 - 1x4x2 blue window with trans-yellow glass
* 4 - 2x2 yellow space radar dishes
* 2 - 2x2-2x2 white brackets
* 1 - dk.grey small Instectoid leg
* 1 - 4x2x2 black tail with rocket
* 1 - 2x2x10 dk.grey bridge support
* 1 - 3x2 black space seat
* 2 - 4x2 white space wing
* 1 - 2x3 red magnet holder with cylindrical magnet
* 2 - 2x8x2 dk.blue curved slope
* 1 - 1x1 trans-yellow round brick with fins
* 1 - 2x2x2 black round brick with fins
* 1 - 2x2 3 point trans-yellow crystal
* 1 - 2x2x2 trans-orange box with door
* 1 - 2x2x2 black box with trans-yellow door
* 2 - lt.grey 1x2x4 bars with studs
* 2 - 3x3x2 trans-dk.green top facet brick
* 30 - 2x2 printed tiles, assorted
* 7 - 2x2 round printed tiles, assorted
* 20 - 1x2 printed tiles, assorted
* 4 - 1x4 printed tiles, assorted
* 2 - Minifigs, Blacktron, with black helmets, trans-yellow visors, and
black o2 tanks
* 1 - dk.grey & black 'bot.  Not sure who made it, but I've seen it out
there before: minifig legs, 1x2 with grille, and space control panel with
lever bases for the eyes.  Handsome little dude!
* 5 - minifig heads, assorted
* 5 - minifig torsos, assorted
* 2 - minifig space helmets with visors, assorted colors
* 2 - trans-orange chainsaw blades
* 1 - Star Wars Rebel helmet, white with blue insignia
* 1 - white space scanner tool
* 2 - small levers, assorted colors
* 1 - black minifig movie camera
* 1 - 1x2 black minifig walkie-talkie
* 1 - black minifig shoulder armor
* 1 - white minifig rocket-pack-looking thingy

     I gave:

* 1 - 'Mystery MOC' to replace the one I took. The 10 pieces I put in as my
mystery MOC price before claiming the mystery as my own are:
          * 1 - 4x6x2 smoke grey Star Wars cockpit canopy (from Rebel Gunship)
          * 1 - 6x8 dk.grey trap-door plate
          * 1 - 6x black Technic axle
          * 1 - cranberry red model team wheel
          * 2 - 2x4x4 cranberry red cylinders
          * 1 - 2x2x2 cranberry red cone
          * 1 - 3x3x2 cranberry red cone
          * 1 - 2x2 red round brick
          * 1 - white round propeller housing
* 1 - Tw0nCo Porta-Botty: 173 pieces of 'bot-building goodness in a dark
grey theme
* 2 - 1x2 clicky-hinges (1 lt.grey, 1 black)
* 4 - 1x2 dk.grey side hinge brick sets, male/female
* 2 - 1x4 dk.grey hinge plates
* 1 - 33 2x3 dk.grey slope brick, inverted
* 1 - 2x2 brick with curved top and 2 studs on top
* 1 - 33 2x3 yellow slope brick with "LT3" design
* 1 - 18 2x4 yellow slope brick with green design
* 4 - 1x4x3 clear windows
* 1 - 4x8 smoke grey Martian hinge canopy
* 2 - 6x6x3 smoke grey hinged dome canopies with rebel gunship design
* 1 - 1x6-1x8 yellow Technic brick truss
* 1 - little trans-green Bionicle inside-the-head thingy
* 2 - 3x6x2-2/3 dk.grey horizontal cylinders
* 1 - 2x4x4 white cylinder with space shuttle design
* 1 - lt.grey small tipper bucket
* 2 - 4x4 dk.grey dishes with 1x2 plates on top
* 1 - 7x3 flag with rod, solar panel design
* 5 - 2x2 tiles, printed & transparent assorted
* 2 - 2x2 round printed tiles, assorted
* 1 - 1x1 printed tile, dial/gauge
* 1 - 1x2 printed tile, computery stuff
* 2 - 1x2 dk.grey grille tiles
* 1 - 1x2 dk.grey tile with vertical panel
* 1 - 8x8 dk.grey brick
* 2 - 3x3 dk.grey facet bricks
* 2 - 1x4 dk.grey log bricks
* 4 - 2x2 dk.grey bricks
* 2 - 2x4 dk.grey bricks
* 4 - 2x6 dk.grey ricks
* 1 - 1x2 dk.grey Technic brick
* 2 - 2x2 dk.grey bricks with 1 pin
* 1 - 2x2 dk.grey brick with 2 pins
* 1 - 1x4 dk.grey brick with 2 pins
* 2 - 1x6 dk.grey bricks
* 1 - 1x12 dk.grey brick
* 1 - 1x16 dk.grey brick
* 1 - 6x6x2/3 dk.grey plate with cross dome
* 1 - 6x8 dk.grey plate
* 1 - 4x8 dk.grey plate
* 1 - 2x6 dk.grey plate
* 1 - 2x10 dk.grey plate
* 4 - 2x2 dk.grey plates
* 2 - 1x4 dk.grey plates
* 1 - 1x2 dk.grey plate
* 1 - 1x1 dk.grey plate
* 3 - 2x2 dk.grey corner plates
* 3 - 1x2 dk.grey plates with handle
* 1 - 4x6 dk.grey plate without corners
* 1 - 2x4 wing plate, left
* 1 - SigFig, Cmdr Alexander, with hooked hand, dk.grey helmet with visor,
and binoculars (no, I don't have a hooked hand - just thought it was cool on
the fig)
* 1 - SigFig, Ginger Lee, with white helmet, blaster pistol, and light-saber
* 2 - minifigs, assorted
* 8 - minifig accessories, assorted
* 1 - yellow space control panel
* 1 - 2x4 black treasure chest with treasure
* A memento of Omaha, Nebraska's SAC Museum (now called the Strategic Air
and Space Museum).  Omaha has long been home to the Strategic Air Command,
and recently added some kind of strategic space command thingy as well.  The
museum used to be on the grounds of Offutt Air Force base, with the aircraft
displayed outside; they've moved it closer to Interstate 80, and all the
aircraft are diplayed inside, including every now and then a crew capsule
from the days of Apollo.

     This was incredibly fun.  I'd like to do this again sometime, and thank
all of you .Spacers out there for including me on this one.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander