 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1550
Re: Is Minifig box #1 lost? MAYBE (read)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Tommy Johnson writes:
James,

Although you are correct in that the tracking pages are fairly out-of-date,
the page for Minifig box #1 isn't -- what you see is what we know for sure
at this point.  I've been back and forth with Ed Jones and Susan Hoover via
e-mail on this, it appears that Ed inadvertently sent box MF#1 and MF#2 to
Susan back in late March, and that Susan only received MF#2.  MF#1 was • supposed
to go to either you or Steve Campbell at that point (there is some confusion
there, I tried to reconstruct the box history with the folks who had it but
recollections are vague).

Well, not exactly the way it happened.  Scott Sanborn had both Minifig box 1
and Minifig box 2.  He sent me a Minifig box that I thought was Minifig box 2
(I was next on the list).  I took and added parts to the box and then mailed
the box to Susan (In a box from a hand blender/kitchen vibrator).

I then recieved another minifig box from Scott who explained that he had sent
Minifig box 1 to me in error and that the second minifig box I received from
him was actually Minifig box 2.  He asked me to send the first box I had
received to whoever was next on the Minifig box 1 list.

As I had already sent Minifig Box 1 to Susan, I wrote to Susan alerting her of
the error and asked her to send the box to the next person on the Minifig box 1
list.

I took from and added to Minifig Box 2 and sent that box to Susuan.  According
to Susan she never received Minifig Box 1 but did receive Minifig box 2.

As far as I own, minifig box 1 as lost in the mail to Susan.

But, the Jambalaya list indicates that 5 people received the box after I
mailed it, and Susan isn't one of the recipients.  How is that possible?

So, I'd like to reiterate your call for box status on Minifig Box #1.  If we
don't hear anything new, I'll declare the box LOST :-( and sob quietly for a
bit.  Folks, we're in dire need of some Jambalaya process improvements.

-Tommy