 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1390
Re: Space Box #1 update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 02:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Frank Filz writes:
D M Garcia wrote:

I received SB#1 today.  The box is larger than I expected.  I need to get
some info before I send it on.  It came with a couple of "off-topic" pieces
including Shell documentation, a large Lego World Club catalog and a couple
of recent catalogs.  It also came with a 7171 booklet, and all of this paper
is taking it's toll on the box.  I noticed the shipping increased $1.10 in
the last couple passes.  In another post, cost of shipping was discussed and
it was determined that as a community we do not want to end up paying a lot
for shipping these boxes around.  If nobody wants the above mentioned paper
products, I will hang on to them and put them into a "thinner" general box.

I received Space Box #1 while I was on vacation (unfortunately it was in
the mail before I realized it might have been better to slide me down
one position). I hope to process it tonight or tomorrow and send it on.
I'll need the address of Joel VanAtta.

I just did my trades with the box. It is getting large (it still cost $5.40 to
ship it to me. It's got a lot of common parts which may be worth culling out
to reduce it's weight some. I was able to make enough trades to make it worth
my while, but it's tough when the boxes get this heavy when one is also trying
to put in at least as much value as one took out.

On the good side, there's quite a bit of nifty stuff in the box.

Frank