 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1155
Re: Technic Box #1 update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:31:28 GMT

Thanks for the update Mark.

I felt the same way when I had the box and saw the broken bits.  Thanks
for taking the time to seperate them into another bag and doing such a
fine job with the packaging  (I'm sure Larry would be proud).

I actually did'nt find hardly anything that I wanted, but made a
contribution of some gears, wheels, instruction manuals and small beams
anyway.  I wish I had seen the box after you, I would have liked to have
more of those chain links.

I say the next person (Ken) should just throw away the broken parts.
Any others agree?

-Phil Watt

Mark Haye wrote:

Technic Box #1 is on the way to Ken Drew as of this morning.

I packaged the parts in an official LEGO S@H box, with
official LEGO S@H packing.  Given that Larry P. started
this box, it only seems fitting that LEGO purity should be
maintained.  ;-)

<soapbox>
In general, the box was mostly what I anticipated:  a random
collection of Technic parts, and I was able to make what I
considered a fair trade.  I was, however disappointed by
finding several "defective" parts in the mix:  an 8-tooth gear
that was crushed, a 5x5 pulley on which half the center spar
was broken off, a beam with gobs of glue/epoxy on the ends,
various Technic figure appendages, some broken off, some
just separated, etc.  I also found some parts which, AFAIK,
are not even LEGO, which makes them "defective" by
definition, I guess.  ;-)  I'm disappointed that someone thought
these parts were worthy of trading into a Jambalaya box.
If these parts were in my collection, I would throw them away,
but I couldn't bring myself to take them as part of my trade
just to throw them away, so I separated some of the more
obvious "defects" into another bag, labelled "junk."  What I
traded into the box was brand-new, never-been-used,
still-in-the-perforated-bag parts (about 180 Technic chain
links).  While trading brand-new parts is certainly not
required, I definitely think the Jambalaya boxes should
not be used as a dumping ground for "defective" parts.
</soapbox>

--
Mark Haye, haye (at) us (dot) ibm (dot) com
IBM TSM Server Development, Tucson, AZ